• Welcome to the Indian Echo online newspage. October 25, 2012 at 12:00 am

• March 2, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Subscribe to The Indian Echo Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook

Stories Written by Jessica Pina

Graduation Means Time To Enter Real World

Jessica Pina, Staff Writer
May 20, 2012
Filed under Opinion

Hearing the words, “Congratulations, you’re finally graduating!” sounds surreal. Images of wearing all red from head to toe suddenly appear in my mind. And after 13 years of school, it’s finally over. When I imagine walking across the stage at Verizon Theater, and shaking Ms. Grant’s... (more...)

"I Like It Like That Lip Dub"

Teacher Wins First Place In KISS FM Radio Contest

Jessica Pina, Staff Writer
May 18, 2012
Filed under Campus

After hours of filming, producing and clicking, the final product is finished. The time two students spent on singing and recording paid off when History teacher Amber Bermudez realized that she has just won the KISS FM 106.1 radio contest for creating her own High School Musical. “When the... (more...)

marchforbabies

Johnson Volunteers For March of Dimes

Jessica Pina, Staff Writer
May 8, 2012
Filed under Campus

Walking down a long pathway she sees many images of premature and helpless babies which are displayed around the march; she can’t help but notice the infants that have passed away. Suddenly, the thought of helping these children pushes her to continue her march. Every year, teacher... (more...)

Photo by Jessica Pina

Instagram Provides Users With Communication Through Photos

Jessica Pina, Staff Writer
May 2, 2012
Filed under Entertainment

Ever hear the saying, “a picture is worth thousand words”; wondering about what it truly means to communicate with photos? Imagine documenting events or memories saved in your photo album for all to see on a social networking site. Instagram is an appealing app on the smart phone that has... (more...)

Lucky One

Sparks’ Lucky One Romance Novel Predictable But Satisfying

Jessica Pina, Staff Writer
April 8, 2012
Filed under Entertainment

Nicolas Sparks does it again with his 14th bestselling book called The Lucky One. Many readers have seen the recent movie preview and have probably thought that it was just another chick flick love story. While this is a story about two people falling in love, it is not only about that. One... (more...)

Tombstone

Theater Performs Tombstone at One Act Competition; Advances to Area Contest

Jessica Pina, Staff Writer
April 3, 2012
Filed under Campus

*Update: “Tombstone” One Act Play Advanced from both Zone and District and will be competing at the Area Contest on Thursday, April 14 at Waxahachie H.S. at 2 p.m. During the One Act Zone Competition, which took place here on Tuesday, the Theater Department performed Tombstone,... (more...)

Hunger Games

Eagerly Awaited Hunger Games Movie Good But Not Great

Jessica Pina, Staff Writer
March 23, 2012
Filed under Entertainment

Walking into the pitch black theater, while your arms are stuffed with a large bag of popcorn and that extra-large Diet Coke you bought for “just a quarter more”, you slowly begin to freak out because of the lack of seats that are available. But of course, this movie is well worth the... (more...)

Giving Pledge Asks Rich to Donate Half Their Fortunes

Jessica Pina, Staff Writer
March 9, 2012
Filed under Opinion

If you were a wealthy celebrity with more money than you could ever possibly need, what would you do with it: buy a few nice cars, a four- story mansion maybe? What about donating more than half of it to charity? If I were in the situation, I probably wouldn’t feel comfortable giving more... (more...)

Basketball

Basketball Team Recovers From Playoff Loss

Jessica Pina, Staff Writer
March 9, 2012
Filed under Sports

The final buzzer rings and the crowd goes wild on the opposite end of the court while seniors Tyler Jacobs and Jovan Austin slowly pack up their things and head for the bus. The two begin to realize that this will be the last time they step off the court as high school players. “It was probably... (more...)

gone-amanda-seyfried[1]

Plot for Gone Interesting Until End of Movie

Jessica Piña, Writer
March 5, 2012
Filed under Entertainment

Gone. The simple word doesn’t seem to be a very good title for a movie, yet it explains just about everything one would need to know all summed up into one word. The main character Jill, played by Amanda Seyfried, feels that everything she loved in her life has been taken from her; everything... (more...)

Picture 001

Peculiar Book Based on Odd Photos

Jessica Piña, Staff Writer
February 6, 2012
Filed under Entertainment

A strange collection of creepy and unbelievable photos, stories of children that can do abnormal things, and the explanation to a sudden murder of the one that has the answers to everything, all await to be read in Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children. This new and creative sci-fi... (more...)

book1

Upcoming Hunger Games Movie Release Renews Book Interest

Jessica Piña, Staff Writer
February 6, 2012
Filed under Entertainment

By now you’ve probably heard about the upcoming movie called The Hunger Games that’s set to come out on March 23 and you’re probably wondering why everyone is making such a big deal about it. The first movie is actually based off of the 2008 book by Suzanne Collins. The novel series consists... (more...)

Walking around after school, sophomore Gage Oakley, who recenlty had his leg amputated is joined by friends.

Oakley Successfully Recovers from Second Battle with Cancer

Jessica Piña, Staff Writer
February 6, 2012
Filed under Student Life

He wakes up in a cold, hard hospital bed connected to tubes and an IV. When he looks around to see his family by his side, Gage realizes his life will never be the same. He reaches down to feel his left leg and it isn’t there anymore. All he feels are the chilly bed sheets which remind... (more...)