• Welcome to the Indian Echo online newspage. October 25, 2012 at 12:00 am

• March 2, 2012 at 1:27 pm

Subscribe to The Indian Echo Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook

Summer Movies Heavy On Action and Heroes

Mackenna Hodges, Staff Writer
May 20, 2012
Filed under Entertainment

As school comes to an end and summer begins, there are many movies coming out to look forward to. The season looks heavy on action packed films such as Men in Black Three and Snow White and The Huntsman. Also, look forward to seeing more superhero installments like The Dark Knight Rises and The Amazing Spider-Man. There are many exciting releases coming out that will have audiences counting down the days for these titles.

*In Men in Black Three, Agent J, played by Will Smith, and K, played by Tommy Lee Jones, are back! Agent J has seen some crazy things in his 15 years with the Men in Black, but nothing, not even aliens, perplexes him as much as his partner. But when K’s life and the fate of the planet are put at stake, Agent J will have to travel back in time to put things right. J discovers that there are secrets to the universe that Agent K never told him. These secrets will reveal themselves as he teams up with the young Agent K, played by Josh Brolin, to save his partner, the agency, and the future of humankind. Although it has taken many years for this film to be made it came together easily and is supposed to be better than expected.

*Snow White and the Huntsman is a new take on the classic fairy tale. Snow White, played by Kristen Stewart, is the only person in the land fairer than the evil queen who is out to destroy her. In this fairy tale, the Huntsman played by Chris Hemsworth, is ordered to take Snow White into the woods and kill her, but instead lets her go. In the new take, the Huntsman is not necessarily a love interest but acts more as a mentor, teaching Snow White to fight and survive. Though, what the wicked ruler never imagined is that the young woman threatening her reign has been training in the art of war with the Huntsmen.

*Rock of Ages tells the story of a small town girl named Sherrie and city boy Drew, who meet on the Sunset Strip while pursuing their Hollywood dreams. Their rock ‘n’ roll romance is told through heart-pounding hits. The new movie based on the hit Broadway musical, promises a blast of ’80s nostalgia in the form of hair-metal band favorites by acts such as Journey, Pat Benatar, Styx, Twisted Sister and Bon Jovi. The all-star supporting cast includes Alec Baldwin, Russell Brand, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Mary J. Blige and Tom Cruise as rock star Stacee Jaxx.

*In the conclusion of Christopher Nolan’s trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises, Gotham City is peaceful again after eight years since The Dark Knight. Batman, played by Christian Bale, is now a criminal after taking the blame for Harvey Dent’s murder. He discovers that a new villain Bane, played by Tom Hardy, is planning to destroy Gotham City. Together with allies old and new, like Alfred and Lucius Fox, Batman fights against the murderous villain Bane. This is a grand finale that movie goers won’t want to miss.

*The Amazing Spider-Man shows the story of Peter Parker, now played by Andrew Garfield. Parker, is an outcast high school student who was left by his parents as a boy causing him to be raised by his Uncle Ben, played by Martin Sheen, and Aunt May, played by Sally Field. When Peter discovers a mysterious briefcase that belonged to his father, he begins a quest to understand his parents’ disappearance – leading him directly to Oscorp and the lab of Dr. Curt Connors, played by Rhys Ifans, his father’s former partner. As Spider-Man is set on a collision course with Connors’ alter-ego, The Lizard, Peter will make life-altering choices to use his powers and shape his destiny to become a hero.